How to a tomahawk:
Dunking the ball requires a sense of urgency, but the tomahawk dunk calls for a slight hesitation
1. Dribble the ball with speed toward the basket.
2. Pick up your dribble after
passing the free-throw line.
3. Take your two steps.
4. Jump off your dominant foot.
5. Hold the ball
with both hands.
6. Reach toward the basket.
7. Pull the ball back toward your head by bending your elbow 90
8. Extend the ball and your arms to the basket.
9. Slam the ball through the basket.
You need the ability to hang in the air a bit - otherwise known as lots of vertical.
Unlike many trick
dunks, the tomahawk dunk can be accomplished in a crowd.
Stretch out completely after pulling the ball toward your
If you can do the tomahawk dunk, feel free to tell your friends. It's an impressive move.